null, Western Cape, ZA
Category: Computer and Mathematical Occupations
Published on 2021-11-22T08:44:50.000000Z
The Flash Group is a well-established Group with a global footprint, that prides itself on making people’s lives easier through frontier technology.
At The Flash Group, we realise that “the way we do things around here” drives our business and enables us to achieve our purpose of “Making People’s Lives Easier”.
Our 3 values are the drumbeat of our business:
- We are all in
- We have each other’s backs
- We are brave
These values help us to make our People’s lives easier by creating a culture where people come to work because it’s a place where they can engage in meaningful work, in a supportive environment where they can be the best version of themselves and achieve the remarkable!
The Flash Group is currently recruiting for the role of SQL Developer who will embrace the company’s vision of “making people’s lives easier”.
This dynamic individual must be engaged and passionate about the business, be approachable, and push boundaries to achieve the best for the business
- 3 - 5 years SQL coding and Database Development using the relevant technologies
- Computer science / IT qualification advantageous
- SQL programming
- Database design / Data modelling
- SSRS development
- SSIS development
- Enterprise Information Management using:
- Master Data Services MDS.
- Data Quality Services DQS.
- Microsoft SQL Server table partitioning.
- Microsoft SQL Server temporal tables.
- Microsoft SQL Server indexing.
- Microsoft SQL Server Statistics.
- Designing of indexes.
- SQL code performance tuning.
- Data visualization.
- SQL Server
- Oracle DB
- Knowledge of Power BI advantageous
- Be compelled to analyze data to ensure data integrity, obtain meaning, and provide derived knowledge that will be used to make informed decisions.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the design, development, optimisation, implementation and maintenance of data warehouse solutions.
- Bring a passion for database development, data modelling and data base design to a cross functional agile team.
- Exhibit self-management by being proactive, accountable and responsible for work deliverables.
- Consistently strive to improve technology and career aspirations.
- Exhibit a high level of proficiency when writing SQL code.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team, and business when determining requirements.
- Develop technically sound data warehouse solutions based on requirements.
- Manage, support and maintain existing data warehouse solutions.
- Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventative techniques.
- Ensure operational database and integration systems are functioning within specification and provide optimization where necessary.
- Perform tests and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project requirements.
- Manage priorities across design and development activities as well as defect resolution.
- Interact with technical and business stakeholders to create solutions and solve problems collaboratively.
- Assist in data analysis and data modelling where required.
- Use the Scrum Framework to deliver data warehouse solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, development issues feedback and provide possible solutions.
Data Warehouse Data Architect:
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to implement the most optimized data solution.
- Ability to visualize an end-to-end logical design into a physical database and how the data will flow.
- Data integration of multiple sources to create single source of truth.
- Database design, modeling, and development.
- Develop strategies to archive and recover data.
- Develop strategies to ensure data quality.
- Monitor and refine data solutions.
- Enforce data warehouse standards.
- Integrate new data solutions into existing data warehouse structures.
- Ability to articulate data solutions to others.
Business Architecture (Vision, Strategy and Architecture):
- No data is better than bad data.
- Ensure that our data quality is beyond reproach by satisfying the following attributes for data quality, accurate, consistent, complete and valid.
- Provide information when needed, that is easily accessible, understandable, and usable for its intended purpose.
- Be able to understand the big picture, by knowing the organizational IT specific strategy and vision.
- Learn and develop our chosen data warehouse architecture.
- Embrace creativity and innovation.
Data Warehouse Development:
- Provide data warehouse solutions to the business.
- Adhere to prescribed standards, coding best practices, development and management methodologies.
- Be consistent in providing quality code, and technical detail.
- Continuously strive to improve efficiencies of data warehouse solutions, by optimizing code, removing redundancy, and eliminating errors.
- Take pride in delivering the expertise and experience as required by this position.
Team (Mentoring, Coaching and Leadership):
- Be a responsible and accountable active participant of the team.
- Set a good work ethic, and constantly strive to improve the quality of the team.
- Ensure the team meets sprint goals.
- Garner respect through quality of work.
- Demonstrate the courage for honest and open communication.