Well established Engineering consulting firm with projects and offices in all provinces of South Africa.
Our client is seeking a dynamic and experienced Pavement & Materials Engineer who will be tasked with the following:
- Provide specialist inputs, as well as to be the technical team leader.
- Responsible for the growth of the relevant technical capacity within the company.
- Ensure that project start-up processes are followed and the project scoping is clear and approved.
- Do visual road pavement assessments and analyses of destructive and non-destructive pavement investigation data.
- Do traffic loading determination for pavement and rehabilitation design.
- Selection and design of hot-mix asphalt surfacing.
- Design of surfacing seals for rural and urban roads.
- Bituminous pavement rehabilitation design.
- Structural design of flexible and rigid pavements for urban, interurban and rural roads.
- Facilitate and assist with the tender and adjudication process leading up to contractor appointment and site hand over.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the design, procurement and construction of assigned projects.
- Develop initiatives to improve the cost effectiveness and efficiency of project execution.
B.Eng or B.Sc Eng degree. A relevant MEng or PhD would be advantageous. Professional Registration with ECSA as Pr Eng.
- Thorough knowledge of pavement materials, concrete and surfacing aggregate.
- A working knowledge of the various construction framework contracts.
- Experience in rehabilitation contracts.
- Experience in pavement design on National, Provincial and Residential roads (including the usage of appropriate software packages).
- Experience in Road Authority design methods and procedures.
- Experience in Road Asset Management Systems, Economic analysis using HDM-4 as well as Airport pavement design will be advantageous.
- A strong technical background with a minimum of 15 years engineering experience which include a minimum of 10 years post registration experience.