Senior Business Intelligence Solutions Design
Pretoria, Gauteng, ZA
Category: Computer and Mathematical Occupations
Published on 2021-11-18T19:58:37.000000Z
Senior Business Intelligence Solutions Design Role in Pretoria
We are looking for Senior Business Intelligence Solutions Design Professionals with 7+ years solid experience in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), and Microsoft Power BI and has a solid knowledge base of the SDLC.
- BI Solution Architecture, BI Data Architecture, BI Data Modelling
- Participate in the interpretation of business requirements and functional specifications as provided by the business analyst into BI solution designs.
- Design of the Extract Transfer and Load (ETL) solution to get data into a data warehouse or data mart according to design specifications.
- Design of the Data Lineage models
- Identify and understand data anomalies
- Design of the star-schemas and/or cubes for consumption by the BI toolset.
- Assist in establishing accurate project timelines and development methodology
- Be able to take high-level tasks and break them into detailed actions and tasks to be completed
- Provide input to the overall project planning process by assisting in establishing accurate project timelines actions required and realistic timeframes for completion of those tasks and actions
- Participate in workshops with business owners and stakeholders in respect of clarification of detailed requirements and solutions to those requirements
- Deliver allocated project tasks and actions according to agreed quality and timeframes
- Ensure that detailed tasks and actions are allocated and completed to limit and mitigate risk within the allocated projects
- Develop training manuals, training plans and presenting training courses to support new solution implementations
- Staying abreast of changes to analytical tools and methodologies
- Co create with Devops Teams
- Participate in Design forums
- Review all report specifications in accordance with business requirements
Education and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- TOGAF Certification
- Data Warehouse Certification (Kimball / Inmon)
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Power BI Report Server and Microsoft Power BI Services
- Knowledge of on premise to cloud migration to Microsoft Power BI Services
- Proven knowledge of designing solution using Oracle ODI
- Must have 7 years working experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), and Microsoft Power BI Reporting Server and Services
- Must be proficient in SQL, Oracle and AIX
- Must be experienced in using SQL Developer for Oracle
- Project exposure (waterfall and agile methodologies)
- Must have solid expertise in designing Star schemas
- Must have experience in BI Infrastructure components from Applications, Databases, Operating Systems and Networks
- Formulation and standards for the BI Ecosystem
- Must have hands on experience designing solutions that integrate complex data sources in both real time and ETL based data extraction mechanisms DIMENSIONS
Problem Solving Style:
- Identifies, clarifies/defines and works through challenges towards a defined outcome.
- Leadership: Strategically orientated concerned with ensuring the current and future viability of the Area/Bank.
Respecting each other:
- Value: Demonstrates dignity of all people. Respects others and what the Bank stands for.
- Leadership: Role models and attitude of respect towards and appreciation of all. Drives the appreciation of diversity within the business.
Delivering to Shareholders:
- Value: Manages one’s time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved affectively and on time.
- Leadership: Champions strategic interventions. Tends to achieve delivery of results through directing others.
Communicating with Impact:
- Effectively applies verbal, nonverbal, and written communication methods to achieve desired results. Presents ideas effectively to individuals and groups.
- Leadership: Communication involves crafting courses of action, motivating and managing commitment.
Working with teams:
- Value: We, and all aspects of our work, are interdependent. We appreciate that, as teams, we can achieve much greater things than as individuals. We value teams within and across business units, divisions and countries.
- Understands team dynamics and uses a flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals. Must demonstrate the ability to be affective in diverse teams ranging from highly structured hierarchical teams to informally structured groups.
- Leadership: Sets up, develops and leads teams.
- Develops and maintains ongoing working relationships, networks and partnerships to help achieve business goals through others (e.g. peers, functional partners, customers, etc.).
- Leadership: Relationships span business units and focus on strategic issues. The context is very dynamic with significant levels of ambiguity.
Business Knowledge and Contribution:
- Understands the broader business environment in which they work from an industry, organisation, business unit and role perspective.
- Mature: Demonstrates solid industry understanding with tactical insight into the broader Banks strategy and objectives.
- Timeously identifies and manages risk within their area of influence. Uses and / or develops and implements risk measurement and risk management systems, processes and policies within the business.
- Mature: Mature understanding of risk as reflected in the ability to proactively identify and manage risk across their business, division and interdependent areas.
- Develops and monitors courses of action (work plans) for themselves and others to ensure that work is completed in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Expert: Has significant experience in and demonstrates advanced project management skills used in facilitating organisation wide integration, determining nature of tasks to be completed as well as priorities to be pursued. Holds strong accountability for successful implementation of business related initiatives.
- Uses and / or develops and implements systems and processes to capture, manage and distribute up to date, accurate and readily accessible knowledge and information across the business, to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Expert: Generally recognised as a knowledge management expert. Skills can include extensive best practice knowledge and understanding, the exercise of significantly advanced data analysis skill and / or implementation of leading edge measurement / knowledge management processes.
- The ability to identify, assimilate and interpret the critical elements of a situation.
- Seeks out pertinent data in determining the source of a problem.
- The ability to interpret complicated information.
- Challenges assumptions and focuses on the relevant detail.
- Breaks down and reformulates problems into workable units.
- Identifies and interprets the underlying trends and relationships among different or seemingly unrelated pieces of data.
- Looks beyond the concrete facts at the underlying meaning and implications.
- Identifies when more data is needed to make a sound decision and then acquires the necessary information from the appropriate sources.
- Identifies cause/effect, implications, possibilities and the root cause of problems.
- The ability to link events and to keep all facts in mind.
- Examines the bigger picture to understand how the various parts fit together (integrative thinking).
- Externally focused and able to translate this into appropriate and tangible internal action.
- The ability to generate comprehensive solutions.
- Interested in theories and enjoys discussing abstract concepts.
- Seeks all relevant information for decision-making.
- Consults widely with others when analysing issues.
- Seeks information from diverse sources.
- Asks probing questions to establish all the necessary facts.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in writing, in good grammatical form so that it is easily understood.
- Displays the ability to be accurate, brief and clear whilst using the written word.
- Written communications are readily understood by the intended recipients.
- Has a command of language: sentence construction, grammar, spelling etc.