To build and maintain a trusted repository of the company market data and statistics, and the credible delivery of self-service reporting, business intelligence and analytics and so contribute to the strategic growth priorities of the company and specifically the monetization of data as a strategic asset.
Business and Financial Results Management:
- Develop the company market data lake in the cloud as the trusted repository of all company market data assets
- Maintain the integrity of company market data by implementing modern data management and stewardship practices
- Build a data driven culture within the broader organization through the delivery and support of self-service reporting and business intelligence, and by championing the inclusion of trusted data in the decision making processes of the organization
- Create a data analytics Centre of excellence that delivers executable insights to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Act as the technical partner and system owner for the delivery of analytics products and services
- Provide input into the formalization of the divisional budget to meet profit and cost targets and deliver strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor Data Solutions departmental budget of approximately R15 million as well as any additional project budgets (range from R5 to R50m from time to time) through monitoring and seeking cost effective ways of achieving departmental goals
- Track budget on a continual basis via review of monthly financial reports in order ensure that performance against budget is in line
- Contribute to meaningful cost reduction / optimization at all levels through applying cost effectiveness principles in planning and delivery to contribute to achievement of divisional financial targets.
- Ensure efficiency and productivity improvements across departments by analyzing internal processes and data quality, including business processes and determine consolidation and streamlining opportunities
- Ensure efficiency and productivity improvements across departments by implementing automation systems to eliminate â??human errorâ? instances, avoid duplicate processes and building client confidence through accuracy and transparency.
- Track progress to plan against deliverables through frequent status update meetings with project owners and sponsors in order to ensure deliverables according to the project plan and the quality expected thereof
- Track and review team tasks and activities against agreed deliverables through ongoing meetings and engagement to ensure execution of deliverables within agreed timelines and corrective action taken effectively
Skills and Experience:
- BComm Degree with Honours in relevant field such as Data Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or similar
- Application of lifelong and continuous learning in fields related to data science and data management, including industry certifications, vendor certifications and effective CPD
- Minimum 10 years experience in a data-related role such as analytics, cloud computing, big data, data engineering or data management, including experience in managing a team of data scientists, analysts and stewards.
- Represent the interests of the company on various industry bodies as a recognized expert in the field of data and analytics.
- Represent the company business on various company Advisory Committees units as a recognized expert in the field of data and analytics.
- Develop a clear understanding of client service and satisfaction needs by interacting regularly with selected clients and potential information services product users and by considering feedback from customers, forums or advisory committee meetings
- Build client understanding and confidence in the company and its market statistics by making educational and expert presentations to audiences at clients forums and public events
- Manage the resolution of queries from clients regarding technical education and other second line support
- Lead the resolution of client queries by coaching direct reports on how to handle client queries and by efficiently resolving queries that have been escalated due to their complexity
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to obtain new or updated requirements in order to ensure that the most accurate and relevant valuations are available across the company and to clients at all times
- Manage customers and stakeholdersâ?? expectations by listening to their needs and influencing the outcome to meet the requirements whilst remaining within system constraints, cost and resource capacity
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with customers and stakeholders through continuous engagement to gain buy-in and commitment to the data governance principles and procedures
- Gauge client satisfaction internally through 360 feedback reports and externally through surveys which will include any positive or negative feedback received from the stakeholders regarding the professionalism and timeous nature of interaction
- Interact with EXCO members, peers, department members, direct reports and manager/s in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in oneâ??s intentions
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues in the various supporting ITD teams that are focused on the delivery of the data solutions strategic objectives
- Build collaborative relationships with other members of cross-functional teams by using interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and by delivering on expectations and promises
- Ensure effective communication and sustainable relationship networks through one-on-one meetings with managers/team leads, weekly team meetings and through regular interaction with various internal and external stakeholders
- Build relationships with colleagues, peers and staff by using appropriate interpersonal styles