Are you a strong leader who is willing to impart knowledge by doing on the job training and coaching? Do you have the ability to drive the strategic and operational side of the finance department, not just the technical side? Are you able to provide operational and strategic alignment to the group’s finance team in all aspects and assist in financial decisions that will encourage growth and scalability for the group of companies? Are you well versed in IFRS standards and always up to date with applicable tax laws? Raise your hand if that’s you because WE’RE HIRING!
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of General Manager: Finance. This role plays an integral part in our team, as you will be required to develop the group’s finance team and their work outputs in such a manner, so as to ensure a smoothly running operational accounting team, allowing space for the implementation of the critical analysis of financial and non-financial business information and reporting, as well as supporting the wider business through managing and mentoring finance business partners for the various entities in the group. All of these skills will allow the finance team to grow and evolve with the business and provide critical support to the business.
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider;
- Cryosave – A bank for newborn stem cells;
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company;
- Fintech and Lyngreen – property management companies;
- Fintegrate – IT services company; and
- Group structures.
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Challenging work environment where any passionate, diligent person can grow and add value;
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices;
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain;
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who is a good fit?
A specialist who is an expert in applying drive to get things done, quickly and accurately and is responsive and proactive in meeting the ever-changing needs of the business through ensuring it is continuously supported by a fit for purpose finance team. Someone who has great organisational skills and is a natural leader. This person must be operationally and strategically inclined, with a goal orientated mindset. Lastly our GM must be a team player, with good presentation skills and be able to work well under pressure.
You may be wondering, what would such a fantastic individual’s duties include?
- Develop and scale the finance team to meet business needs;
- Full responsibility for the accounting function for the group;
- Build a strong finance team;
- Analyse and report on all aspects of Group results according to IFRS and other regulatory standards;
- Advice and ownership of the implementation of new systems and processes with a view to promoting efficiencies with automation;
- Advise on appropriate accounting treatment of complex transactions, taking into account tax legislation, statutory requirements, accounting policies and auditor requirements;
- Liaise with operations and commercial partners to drive results;
- Internal and External Auditor liaison for the group;
- Manage financial modelling and analytical tasks;
- Financial forecasting and budgeting;
- Liaise with operations and internal representatives to resolve discrepancies;
- Ad hoc tasks and analysis where necessary.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
- Effectively manage time of team and self to reach goals, with the ability to lead and manage team, developing where needed and ensuring KPI’s are reached;
- Ability to build strong relationships, including the ability to delegate work with authority, ensuring staff take initiative and accountability for their own development and finally ensure self and team work effectively with other teams;
- Ability to interact comfortably with a diverse group of people, as well as show empathy and an active listener;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to provide concise and relevant information;
- Effectively identify problems and provide analysis of stumbling blocks to find positive solutions;
- Root cause identification to prevent re-occurrence and ability to develop alternative solutions to common issues;
- Ability to work alongside team to achieve a common goal and be mutually accountable for all projects taken on;
- Communicate openly and honestly with rest of team inclusive of the ability to encourage differences and opinions;
- Be open minded when it comes to new ways of working and ability to combine ideas to find the best solution;
- Ability to perform tasks in an organised manner and be able to prioritise to determine the importance of tasks;
- Set personal goals and ensure the achievement thereof and plan efficiently and effectively to ensure deadlines are met;
- Identify critical factors which will affect certain outcomes and accurately evaluate options and establish priorities;
- Anticipate outcomes and identify consequences with the ability to navigate risk and uncertainty;
- Analyse information to determine reliability and draw conclusions and effectively interpret analysis performed and decipher information;
- Ability to make decisions based on analysis and findings with the ability to take accountability, when required;
- Listen actively when opinions differ with the ability to remain calm in a situation of conflict;
- Effective collaboration in order to reach a positive outcome inclusive of the ability to create logical and valuable reports on findings;
- Ability to effectively communicate and present reports;
- Ability to relate to others and display patience when dealing with stakeholders and team;
- Ability to apply good judgment in all situations whilst being aware of body language;
- Acting with integrity continuously and without fail while being courteous to all stakeholders and team;
- Willingness to adapt to change and the ability to display a positive attitude in all situations;
- Being professional and displaying good work ethics with good business acumen;
- Excellent accounting skills inclusive of outstanding financial modelling and planning skills;
- Ability to create logical and thorough financial reports, inclusive of the Ability to manage cashflow with minimal errors;
- Excellent Financial Management and strong mathematical and calculative ability;
- Someone who applies initiative, is conscientiousness and willing to learn;
- Has the ability to apply openness, is fair and has confidence in their work;
- Someone who is straightforward, has resilience and a high level of optimism;
- Someone with a high attention to detail.
So now you’re really excited and want to know what’s next. Well, take a look at the below requirements and if you meet them; apply, apply, apply:
- BCom Degree in Finance or similar field;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance;
- 5 years in a management/ leadership;
- SAIPA qualified and CIMA / CA(SA) qualification preferred;
- Understanding of how accounting systems work (Xero and Pastel Accounting);
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in the management and development of staff;
- Experience in Innovative System and process implementation, as well as Successful running of a finance department;
- Group reporting / Financial modelling / Change management / Strategic dissemination (to ensure the financial models/reality is understood in such a way that the business strategy can be amended or confirmed accordingly).