Job & Company Description:
A digital enterprise in the Northern suburbs is recruiting for a Financial Accountant. This contract opportunity is available for a creative individual who is an out of the box thinker and will support business partners and the finance team with planning, reporting, financial analysis, transactional processing and recons.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate and timely processing of journal entries for month end/year end reporting purposes.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Timely and accurate resolution of reconciling items
- Maintain the prepayments schedule and process appropriate accounting entries on a monthly basis
- BCom degree in Finance or Accounting
Skill and Experience:
- 3+ years work experience in a finance role within the financial services industry
- Sound understanding of accounting/IFRS principles
- Experience in the preparation of monthly reporting, reconciliations and year end financial reporting
- Sage X3 (advantageous)