A company focusing on CSR situated in Pretoria East is seeking to employ an technical and experienced Facilities Manager with at least 5 years’ experience to join their team.
Minimum education (essential):
Minimum education (desirable):
- Certificate in operations management or relevant technical qualification
Minimum applicable experience (years):
- 4-5 years
Required nature of experience:
- Facility and infrastructure maintenance
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Understanding and knowledge of occupational health and safety principles
- Understanding of legislative and statutory requirements
- Financial tracking and reporting
Skills and Knowledge (essential)
- MS Office
- Computer Literacy
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible to set, manage and implement the facilities management strategy for the group.
- To optimize the life span of the buildings by determining the maintenance requirements and creating a maintenance plan within the allocated timeframes and optimal cost while continually re-evaluating.
- To manage the implementation of planned maintenance activities and ensure ongoing execution by project managing the entire process.
- To manage newly vacated premises by conducting take-back inspections and actioning the request to reinstate, ensuring these items are fixed and billed accordingly and the property is reinstated to an approved quality and standard.
- Ensure that all legislative and statutory requirements are met, and policies and procedures are in place to ensure compliance.
- To effectively manage relationships with service providers to ensure effective and efficient service delivery in a cost-effective manner and in line with good business practices.
- Responsible for financial tracking and reporting to ensure all services are delivered within agreed budgets and service levels.
- Conducts research on new trends with regards to facilities management in order to keep abreast of industry and best practice developments.
- Manage and ensure that assets are being fully maintained in the correct fiscal period as per the implemented maintenance plan and associated budgets
- Implement and manage the requirements and regulations as set out in the Occupational Health to ensure the business is compliant.
- Manage risk in respect of machinery, plant, equipment, fire services and electrical thereby ensuring proactive maintenance management.
- Report all material risk in terms of perimeter security and CCTV to management and action accordingly.
- Respond to reactive maintenance issues timeously.
- Liaise with admin staff to ensure timely closures and completion of job cards.
- Project Manage, Supervise and co-ordinate works with sub-contractors.
- Manage and ensure that all buildings have up to date compliance records, maintenance records and the relevant servicing certification in line with Building Regulations.
- Manage all related administration and correspondence
- To liaise with clients, responding to queries in quick turnaround times and generally manage the client-landlord relationship.
- Authorise and submit quotes, invoices to the Finance Division for final approval.
- Submit monthly building inspection reports.
- Telephonic standby for any critical maintenance issues, including after hours.
- To conduct building inspections to ensure standards are maintained, micro manage the service providers when areas are not up to standard and escalate when non-conformance.
- To identify opportunities to optimize the performance and efficiency of the building (i.e., water saving initiatives – greening initiatives) and to ensure the delivery of high value-add recommendations.
- To monitor and investigate red flags that have been escalated in terms of utility bills.