Executive Director roles & responsibilities
Summary of the role
Supervise and control the strategic and business aspects of the company. You will be the first in command in the company and responsible for turning the board’s strategic direction into short-term and long-term objectives as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as an Executive Director, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective.
The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
Report to the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Take the Board’s vision for the company and turn it into an executable business plan. Oversee all operations and ensure that teams work toward achieving the business goals.
- Lead and motivate the Leadership Team to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team and company
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Ensure adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Participate and contribute to expansion decisions (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the financial markets and relevant industry
- Maintain and enhance the public image of the company
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience at C-suite position
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of sector and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, operations, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and an ability to finish projects
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field