Job Title: Development Engineer Automation
Geographical area: Cape Town
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Formal design, development, implementation and verification of systems, subsystems and associated control systems, simulation models, electronics, embedded software/firmware, and mechanics. As a Development Engineer, the focus will be on understanding and providing inputs towards high-level design architectures and interfaces and the low-level detailed design, implementation, and verification thereof.
- Contributing towards the Development Engineering outputs for a specific project, including all design, documentation, and verification artefacts.
- Implementation of company system engineering processes, plans and policies as applicable to a specific project.
- Assisting with company production efforts, including procurement, supplier management, SRU level assembling and testing, LRU level assembly and testing, environmental stress screening, qualification, and support.
- Performing minor administrative roles within the company if required.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (BSc) or Engineering (BSc Eng / BEng)
- 2-3 years of relevant industry or postgraduate experience
- C++ experience is highly recommended.