A Multinational Manufacturer is looking for a strong Credit Controller to join the team based in Midrand.Â
Skills and Experience:
- Grade 12Â
- 5 years + experience as a credit controller / similar position
- Manufacturing / Construction / Retail industry experience is advantageous
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- The ability to reconcile accounts
Key responsibilities include:
- To collect outstanding money owing.
- Liaise between customer and operations to resolve any queriesÂ
- Use frequent customer touch points to identify opportunities to expand our customer relationships and business growth.
- Process accounting transactions for Accounts Receivable (AR) in a complete, accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance
- Knowledge and understanding of customer master data and credit management
- Collection of outstanding debt from customers
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of cash application
- Providing customers with required documentation to support the receipt process
- Have an in depth knowledge of the assigned customer base which would result in thorough preparation of the sub ledger comments and hence debt reviews (including facilitating query resolution)
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests
- Keep accurate records of all invoices and documentation
- Assist with external audit requirements
- Ensures all relevant stakeholders are aware of progress and/or issues to maximize customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates basic understanding of financial accounting, reporting (controlling and assurance an added advantage)
Personality and Attributes:
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Result-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-management capability
- Team player and deadline driven